The Dish : Aura -- Apple glazed chicken tenders Recipe
The Dish: Aura -- Apple glazed chicken tenders
The Chef: Rachel Klein
The Restaurant: Aura in the Seaport Hotel
Orange or Apple Glazed Chicken Tenders
Orange-brown sugar sauce
1 qt fresh squeezed orange juice (can substitute apple juice or cider)
1/2 cup brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer
2. Reduce until syrupy, about 15 minutes on med-low heat and simmer.
1 lb chicken tenders, tendons removed
1 cup orange segments (or Apple)
3 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher Salt to taste
1. Wash, pat dry & remove tendons from chicken tenders.
2. In a stainless steel sauté pan over medium high heat, add canola oil and heat until the oil pulls away from center of the pan.
3. Gently place chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown on one side, about 30 seconds
4. Turn chicken tender over and cook on other side until brown, about 30 seconds.
5. Add orange-brown sugar sauce and cook on med-high until chicken is cooked through & sauce glazes the chicken, 1-2 minutes.
6. Add orange/apple segments and toss to coat with sauce.
Recommendation: Serve with steamed broccoli florets & lo-mein noodles
One Seaport Lane
Boston, MA 02210
(Copyright (c) 2009 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)