The Dish : Sasso -- Lobster carbonara Recipe
The Dish: Sasso -- Lobster carbonara
Executive Chef David Ross
Makes enough for 4 people
Fresh lobster meat, cooked 1 pound
Spaghetti (dry) 1 pound
Salt 1 tablespoon
Fresh peas, cooked tender 1 cup
Pancetta or bacon, small dice ½ cup
Extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
Heavy cream 2 cups
Egg 1 each
1. In a mixing bowl, prepare the carbonara sauce by whisking together the heavy cream and egg until light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. Boil spaghetti in a pot of boiling water with salt. Strain, keep hot.
3. Heat sauté pan and add extra virgin olive oil. Add pancetta/bacon to the sauté pan and render until semi-crisp.
4. Add the lobster meat, peas and cream-egg mixture. (Be sure to control the heat so the sauce does not boil; excessive heat will cause the eggs to overcook and clump.) Stirring the sauce will help prevent the eggs from clumping.
5. Once the sauce is nice and hot, add the spaghetti to the sauté pan and toss until the sauce covers all the ingredients.
6. The carbonara is now ready to serve and may be divided into pasta bowls.
116 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02116
(Copyright (c) 2007 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)