The Dish : The Vault -- Shrimp tacos with a fresh fruit salsa Recipe
The Dish: The Vault -- Shrimp tacos with a fresh fruit salsa
Chef Matthew Stogryn
INGREDIENTS - The Shrimp
1 pound fresh rock shrimp
1 bunch cilantro leaves picked and washed
1 small red onion thinly sliced
1 cup fresh whole garlic smashed
1 cup olive oil INGREDIENTS - The Fruit Salsa
1 ripe mango
1 ripe papaya
1 ripe avocado
1 cup julienne cilantro
2 fresh limes
Kosher salt and black pepper
12 fresh flour or corn tortillas.
- Put shrimp, in a mixture of oil, garlic and cilantro. Let marinate for 2-4 hours to absorb all flavors.
- Peel the mango, papaya and avocado and cut into half-inch cubes.
- With a citrus zester remove or scrape skin off the limes.
- Juice limes by rolling them out. Next, cut in half and squeeze fresh lime juice into bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients and put into refrigerator and allow to chill.
- In a heated medium size sauté pan add shrimp and cook for two to three minutes until bright red and firm in texture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble lay out the tortillas and add shrimp first and then the salsa and chopped lettuce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.
105 Water Street
Boston, MA 02109
(Copyright 2007 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)