The Dish : Burton\'s Grill -- Crab cakes Recipe
The Dish: Burton's Grill -- Crab cakes
Chef Denise Baron
Stainless steel bowl, chefs knife, cutting board, microplane, measuring cups, measuring spoons, plastic spatula
1 can pasteurized crabmeat picked over for shell and cartilage
1/2 cup red onion; diced 1/8" x 1/8"
1/2 cup red pepper; diced 1/8" x 1/8"
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. horseradish
1/2 tsp. bronzing seasoning
1/3 cup Ritz cracker crumbs processed in Cuisinart
1. Pick through crabmeat carefully, making sure to leave all lump meat intact. Place in a stainless steel bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, bronzing seasoning and mix well.
3. Add crab and Ritz crumbs and gently fold in by hand with a rubber spatula
4. Weigh crab mixture into 4 oz. portions and form cakes naturally with your hand
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Cook crab cakes in a hot frying pan and sear each side for 2 minutes.
7. Put cakes into a 350-degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes and they are done!
Note: I can't stress it enough to be very gentle when picking through crab. The beauty of the crab cake is when you get nice lumps of crabmeat!
1363 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
(Copyright 2007 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)