The Dish : The Odyssey Dinner Cruise -- Asian ginger salmon salad Recipe
The Dish: The Odyssey Dinner Cruise -- Asian ginger salmon salad
Chef Yasemin Farrell
1/2 cups ginger, ground
1/4 cups garlic, ground
3/4 cups sesame oil
3/4 cups soy sauce
1/3 bunches cilantro, chopped
1 cup olive oil blend
1. Combine all ingredients and blend with a Cuisinart or Buerre mixer.
2. Grill mark a 6-8-ounce piece of salmon and lay into a baking pan. Cover the salmon with the marinade and bake in the oven at 350 degrees.
3. Prepare a salad of mixed greens and surround with sliced vegetables of choice. Carrots, tomato, cucumber, red onion, peapods and bean sprouts work well. Dress with desired salad dressing. We suggest the following.
2 cups rice vinegar
1/2 cup ginger puree
1/8 cup sugar
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/4 bunch cilantro
1. Combine all ingredients and blend with the Cuisinart or Buerre mixer. Drizzle over salad. Lay warm salmon over the salad and finish with toasted sesame seeds.
2. If you want more than a salad, serve with chilled turmeric rice.
(Copyright 2007 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)