The Dish : Veronique -- Cheese display Recipe
The Dish: Veronique -- Cheese display
The Chef: Robert Smith
Serving size: 1 oz. per person, per cheese (if serving fewer than 5, increase portions slightly)
INGREDIENTS - Cheeses:
Blue or Bleu
- Great Hill Blue (MA)
- Bleu de Bresse ( France, Burgundy), St Agur, a triple cream blue or an English Stilton.
Manchego (sheep's milk with black peppercorns)
- Coach Farm Fresh Goat
- Also try, French Montrachet, La Tour or La Lingot, both French, Roccetta (Spain and California), or Cypress Grove Chevre from Humboldt Grove.
Brie (or other soft, ripening cheese, such as a coulommiers)
- Fig & Ginger Chutney
- Apple, Cranberry & Walnut Chutney
Fresh Fruits and Nuts
- Black and red seedless grapes
- Fresh figs, halved or quartered
- Forelle Pears
- Candied Pecans
Breads and Crackers:
- Crusty baguette
- Fruit & Nut bread
- Torta de Aceite (Spanish biscuit with honey and coarse sea salt)
- Rosemary flatbreads
METHOD - Serving Suggestions:
- Do not slice your cheese into individual, cracker-sized bites as this tends to dry out the cheese. Instead present medium-sized wedges or wheels with a variety of knives and serving utensils.
- To bring out its flavors, let your cheese warm to room temperature before serving removing from the refrigerator 30-60 minutes prior to serving.
Variety is Key - Combine complimentary flavors, textures, and colors.
Be Creative - Incorporate artful twists into your presentation through unique selections, special serving pieces and a personal touch.
20 Chapel Street
Brookline, MA 02446
(Copyright (c) 2007 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)