The Dish : Redline -- Roasted pork tenderloin Recipe
The Dish: Redline -- Roasted pork tenderloin
The Chef: Ensan Wong
INGREDIENTS: Tenderloin Brine
1 pork tenderloin
6 cups of water
1 small ginger (rough chop)
½ cup Sichuan pepper
3 star anise (whole)
2 tablespoons fennel seed
¾ kosher salt
½ cup sugar
5 bay leaves
2 scallions (chopped)
- Trim excess fat from tenderloin, rinse with water and put to the side.
- Next combine dry ingredients in a medium sauce pan and add water.
- Bring brine to a boil, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, add pork to brine and refrigerate overnight (preferred) or at least 3 hours.
INGREDIENTS: Cranberry, Asian Pear and Ginger Chutney
4 cups apple cider
2 cups finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
5 teaspoons lemon zest (2 Lemons)
5 teaspoons orange zest (2 Oranges)
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon ground cloves
24 oz. bag fresh cranberries
3 cups brown sugar
4 large Asian pears peeled, cored and cubed
- Combine vinegar, onion, ginger, lemon zest, orange zest, cinnamon stick, crushed red pepper and clove in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a slow boil and let mixture reduce to about 3 cups.
- Add the cranberries, brown sugar and pear.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick and serve at any temperature.
INGREDIENTS: Spiced Salt
4 Tbsp of Sichuan Pepper
4 Tbsp Kosher Salt
5 bay leaves
2 star anise (whole)
8 cloves (whole)
4 Tbsp fennel seed (whole) *optional
4 Tbsp cardamom (whole) *optional
- Combine all ingredients in sauté or saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until the mixture starts to brown and the aroma of toasting spices is present. Cool, store in airtight jar.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin Final Stage
- Remove Pork from brine. Paint on a mixture of equal parts paprika and olive oil to both sides of pork. Sprinkle Spiced Salt onto pork. Preheat oven to 350F. Sear pork on a grill first or just put pork into a roasting pan an cook in over for 40 minutes.
- Slice pork into thin pieces.
- Lay pork on a bed on micro-greens.
- Scoop on some chutney to the side and don't forget to add plantains, but tortilla make a great substitute!!
59 JFK Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(Copyright (c) 2007 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)