The Dish : Game On! -- Fenway pork kebobs Recipe
The Dish: Game On! -- Fenway pork kebobs
The Chef: Art Welch
INGREDIENTS: Balsamic vinaigrette
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
1 ¼ cups olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Combine first 3 ingredients and steep for 10 minutes.
2. Puree in blender.
3. Place in a mixing bowl and gradually add oil with mixer running to create an emulsion.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste.
INGREDIENTS: Jerk marinade
1 1/2 cup cilantro, firmly packed
1 cup olive oil
6 tablespoons chopped garlic
6 tablespoons chopped serrano peppers
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 limes each, juiced
3 tablespoons fresh basil
2 tablespoons dried oregano
5 tablespoons brown sugar
- Puree all ingredients in a blender to a fine paste.
INGREDIENTS: Roast pork for kebabs
1 each boneless pork butt
Serrano peppers, as needed
garlic cloves, as needed
chopped cilantro, as needed
salt and pepper
- Trim some fat from the pork, make incisions with a knife about a half inch long, spacing each about one inch from the other.
- Fill the holes w/ garlic cloves and Serrano peppers (alternating each hole w/ a pepper and garlic.
- Coat w/ olive oil.
- Rub in chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cook in a 350 still oven for 4 to 5 hours, until the meat can be easily pulled apart.
INGREDIENTS: Pork and vegetable kebabs
Roast Pork-cut into 2" cubes
Jerk marinade-as needed
Zucchini-cut into 1" pieces
Red peppers-cut into chunks
White mushrooms-leave whole
Balsamic vinaigrette-as needed
Salt and pepper
- Toss cubed pork in jerk marinade, making sure it is well coated, season w/ salt and pepper.
- Toss vegetables in balsamic vinaigrette, season w/ salt and pepper.
- Skewer on metal skewers (if using wood be sure to soak in water for 2 hours) by starting with the pork, zucchini, red pepper, mushroom, two more pork, zucchini, red pepper, mushroom and one more pork.
- Mark all sides on a hot grill, reduce heat or move to a cooler part of grill.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and the meat is hot.
- Brush the pork with a little more jerk marinade and mark again.
- Serve with rice and beans and fresh lime wedges.
82 Lansdowne St
Boston, MA 02215
(Copyright (c) 2008 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)