The Dish : Expo Recipe From VOX Populi Recipe
The Dish: Expo Recipe From VOX Populi
VOX Populi - http://www.voxboston.com/
Chilled Melon Soup garnished with Roasted Minted Sea Scallops
2 Cantaloupes, peeled, seeded, and rough chopped
1 qt of Water
1 cup Orange Juice
1 cup Champagne
1 Lemon, cut in half
1 Lime, cut in half
2 TBS Brown Sugar
Pinch of Salt
4 large Sea Scallops
1 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBS Mint
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine the rind of the cantaloupe, water, orange juice, lemon, and lime in a medium sauce pot, and simmer slowly for 30 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
2. Place the cantaloupe in a food processor and puree while slowly adding the fruit stock and champagne. Season with brown sugar and salt.
3. Roast the scallops in a 350 degree oven until they are done. Allow to cool.
4. In the food processor, chop the mint while incorporating the olive oil til semi-smooth.
5. Rough chop the scallops and mix in the mint puree.
6. Spoon the soup into bowls and garnish with the minted scall
(Copyright (c) 2008 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)