The Dish : Oceanaire Seafood Room -- Seafood Scampi Recipe
The Dish: Oceanaire Seafood Room -- Seafood Scampi
The Chef: Daniel Enos
The Restaurant: Oceanaire Seafood Room
The Dish: SEAFOOD SCAMPI OVER PASTA
18-20 Sea Scallops
12 Littleneck Clams
1/2 TBSP Garlic (minced)
1 TBSP Shallots (Chopped)
1 TBSP Basil (Fresh Chopped)
1/2 cup White Wine
3/4 cup Scampi Butter (prepared)
1.5 lbs Linguini (Cooked)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Substitutions or Additions
1 lb Mussels
1/2 lb Chorizo or Linguica
10 each Shrimp (medium)
1. In a large saute pan cook shallots, garlic and clams over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Add scallops and cook for another 3-5 mintues. You want to see some color on the scallops.
3. Add wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add basil and scampi butter stir until melted.
5. Add the Linguini. Toss and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 2 minutes and serve.
1/2 lb Butter, unsalted, softened
1 TBSP Anchovy paste
1/4 cup Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Dry basil
1 tsp Parsley, fresh and chopped
1/4 tsp Black Pepper, FRESHLY cracked
1.5 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. In the Standing mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together with the paddle. Attachment on speed #2.
2. Store in a covered container and keep refrigerated at 38 degrees.
Shelf Life: 3 Days
(Copyright (c) 2008 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)