The Dish: Breakfast Tacos at Masa
The Dish Archive: The Dish: Breakfast Tacos at Masa
Breakfast Tacos (makes 4)
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese or cheddar cheese
• 1 TBSP unsalted butter
• 1 tspn Kosher Salt
• 8 six inch corn tortillas (or flour tortillas)
• 1 Lime
• Your favorite hot sauce
• Pico de Gallo (see recipe below and MAKE FIRST)
In a medium size bowl scramble the eggs and salt. Fold in the cheese.
Heat tortillas until soft and pliable on a griddle on a high temperature and wrap in foil to retain heat until needed. (This can also be done in a microwave by wrapping the tortillas in a damp towl and heating for 35 second on hi heat)
In a non stick pan over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the scrambled eggs constantly moving them until just cooked through. about 1 minute. The eggs will resemble a creamy texture but you can be assured that the eggs are cooked!
On a large plate use two warm tortillas per taco and divide the the eggs between the four tacos. Top off with pico de gallo, a squeeze of lime and your favorite hot sauce!
Pico de Gallo
• 4 Plum Roma Tomatoes, washed, stem end removed, halved and seeds removed.
• 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
• 2 TBSP fine diced red onion
• 1 TBSP fine diced jalapeno peppers (if you don't want the pico de gallo to be spicy remove the seeds and membrane)
• 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Juice of 3 Limes
• 2 tspn Kosher Salt
Cut the tomatoes into a 1/4 inch dice. Place in a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients. Let stand for 10 minutes. Keep Pico de Gallo refridgerated. Pico de Gallo can be served for 2 days.
(Copyright (c) 2010 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)