The Dish Archive: Dish: Colcannon
-- 1.5 Pounds Cabbage (shredded)
-- 2 POunds POtatoes (Diced)
-- 2 Scallions (Chopped)
-- 1 Cup Light cream
-- Salt & Pepper to taste
-- 1/2 cup butter, plus 1 Tablespoon
1. In a large saucepan, boil diced potatoes (approximately 20 minutes) until soft.
2. In a second saucepan, boil cabbage in corned beef stock (for approximately 15 minutes or until tender)
3. Mash Potatoes usinga hand masher (not a mixer!) slowly adding cream and scallions
season to taste with salt & pepper
4. Fold in the cooked cabbage and heat over low heat until both the mashed potatoes and cabbage are blended and hot.
5. Make a small well in the Colcannon and add a nob of butter