The Dish: Swan\'s Café -- Tea encrusted spiced seared tuna
The Dish Archive: The Dish: Swan's Café -- Tea encrusted spiced seared tuna
The Chef and Tea Sommelier: Cynthia Golf
INGREDIENTS - Combine in spice grinder:
6 tablespoons Vithanakande Ceylon tea or other black tea
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Grind up spice in a food processor or coffee grinder, and pour ground spice on a plate.
- Coat tuna in olive oil and then roll it over spices covering it well on all sides.
- Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm up crust.
- Sear quickly on each side leaving rare in the center. (For chilled appetizer put back into refrigerator until cold or you can serve it hot)
- Cut tuna into strips such that when sliced thinly on a diagonal the resulting slice will be the desired portion size for presentation.
- Serve with a ginger/soy dipping sauce, and Vietnamese hot sauce.
Boston Park Plaza's Swan Café
50 Park Plaza at Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116-3912
(Copyright (c) 2008 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)