The Dish: Banq -- Yellow tail flounder served with jasmine rice
The Dish Archive: The Dish: Banq -- Yellow tail flounder served with jasmine rice
The Chef: Ranveer Brar
Pan-Seared Flounder with Coconut Brie Fondue on Jasmine Rice and Spinach Pilaf
Flounder, 2 filets, 3oz. Each
Cilantro, fresh, chopped, 1oz.
Spinach leaves, blanched, 2oz.
Jasmine or white rice, cooked, 3-4oz
Coconut milk, fresh or canned, 6oz.
Crushed red pepper flakes, 1 pinch
Olive oil, enough for shallow frying
Mirepoix-chopped garlic, carrot, leeks and onions, 3tblsp.
Powdered lime leaf, ½ tsp.
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh squeezed lime juice, 3-4oz.
1. Sauce-reduce coconut milk, cilantro, half mirepoix, half lime leaf. Reduce to half and season, add crushed red pepper. Finish with lime juice.
2. Marinate flounder in salt pepper, olive oil and lime juice. Finish with powdered lime leaf.
3. For pilaf quickly toss fine chopped mirepoix with spinach, rice. Add cilantro and season.
4. Pan sear flounder on a hot pan, sprinkle with lime juice and keep aside
5. Assemble mold pilaf onto plate. Top with flounder and finish with coconut sauce.
1375 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02118
(Copyright (c) 2008 Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)