Bleacher Bar Turkey Club
The Dish Archive: Bleacher Bar Turkey Club
On the Web
It's baseball season, and fans flock to Fenway. They could check out the game at the bleacher bar, tucked underneath Fenway’s center field seats -- no ticket required!
Executive Chef Art Welch says you can come in for a few innings and dig in to their turkey club -- a real grand slam!
The Dish: Bleacher Bar Turkey Club
The Restaurant: Bleacher Bar
The Chef: Art Welch
BLEACHER BAR TURKEY CLUB
--1 each onion, thinly sliced
--1 each carrot, thinly sliced
--1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
--1 head garlic split
--½ bunch parsley stems
--½ bunch rosemary
--¼ cup fennel seeds
--¾ cup kosher salt
--¾ cup sugar
--3 each bay leaves
--½ gallon hot water
--3 quarts ice water
1. Place all ingredients in a pot except ice water, bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Pour over ice water & make sure it is cold. Add turkey to brine and brine for 2 days.
3. Remove turkey from brine, pat dry & truss.
4. Marinate with onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley & olive oil.
5. Season well with salt and pepper, slow roast to internal temperature of 165, cool.
6. Remove twine & skin, thinly slice turkey, portion 8 oz.
To Make the Sandwich:
1. Toast 3 pieces of sliced sandwich bread (flavor of your choice).
2. Spread mayo on bread, place 4 oz turkey on two pieces of bread.
3. Top with cooked bacon, iceberg lettuce leaves & sliced tomato.
4. Stack one piece of bread with turkey on the other piece of bread with turkey.
5. Top with remaining piece of bread, insert toothpicks to hold sandwich together.
6. Cut into triangles & serve with chips.