|Print this recipe out and cut along the dotted lines to add this 4x6 recipe card to your personal collection.|
The Dish Recipe Card
The Dish: Burton's Grill -- Crab cakes
Chef Denise Baron
1. Pick through crabmeat carefully, making sure to leave all lump meat intact. Place in a stainless steel bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the onion, red pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, bronzing seasoning and mix well.
3. Add crab and Ritz crumbs and gently fold in by hand with a rubber spatula
4. Weigh crab mixture into 4 oz. portions and form cakes naturally with your hand
5. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Cook crab cakes in a hot frying pan and sear each side for 2 minutes.
7. Put cakes into a 350-degree oven for 3 to 5 minutes and they are done!
Note: I can't stress it enough to be very gentle when picking through crab. The beauty of the crab cake is when you get nice lumps of crabmeat!
1363 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
Recipe Video - www.whdh.com/features/articles/dish/BO55970