|Print this recipe out and cut along the dotted lines to add this 4x6 recipe card to your personal collection.|
The Dish Recipe Card
The Dish: Sushi Teq -- California Roll
Chef Daisuke Shimitu
INGREDIENTS: Japanese rice
6. To cool and remove the moisture of the rice well, use a fan as you mix sushi rice. This will give sushi rice a shiny look. It's best to use sushi rice right away.
INGREDIENTS: California Roll (Makes 4-6 servings)
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the sushi rice.
6. Turn the sushi layer over so that the seaweed is on top.
7. Place avocado and crab lengthwise on the seaweed.
8. Roll the bamboo mat forward, pressing the ingredients inside the cylinder-shaped sushi.
9. Press firmly the bamboo mat with hands, then remove the rolled sushi.
10. Cut the sushi roll into bite-size pieces.
11. Enjoy immediately and wash down with a blackberry mango margarita and shot of Tres Rios Resposado!
Recipe Video - www.whdh.com/features/articles/dish/BO58889