|Print this recipe out and cut along the dotted lines to add this 4x6 recipe card to your personal collection.|
The Dish Recipe Card
The Dish: MOOO -- Wellfleet Oyster Stew
The Chef: David Hutton
INGREDIENTS – (Four servings)
- Save all the liquid from inside the oyster shell and set aside with the meat
- In a sauce pan heat up a bit of olive oil medium low heat and add the leeks and bacon
- Sauté stirring frequently until the leeks are soft and the bacon is a bit crispy.
- Add the Sherry and allow it to simmer for 4 or five minutes until it reduces by two thirds.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a simmer. Add Oysters and Oyster Liquid, bring to simmer, season with salt, pepper, thyme. Ladle into four soup crocks, top with a little spoon of butter, croutons and sprinkle a little smoked paprika.
- Serve and Enjoy!
15 Beacon Street
Recipe Video - www.whdh.com/features/articles/dish/BO71141