Parenting tips for rookie parents from Prevention
UNDATED (WHDH) -- They say being a parent is the hardest job there is and starting off can be tough. It's not just the lack of sleep - there are plenty of rookie mistakes. Here's eight to avoid from Prevention Magazine:
1. Keeping the baby awake. It just makes the baby wake up earlier.
2. Speaking baby talk to your bundle of joy. Speak a real language so your baby can learn to communicate with you.
3. Feeding your baby too many orange foods like carrots and sweet potatoes, could turn the baby’s skin orange!
4. Not brushing your little one's teeth.
5. Waiting to baby proof items is dangerous.
6. Baby could suffocate under blankets in the crib.
7. Forgetting sunscreen is a bad habit.
8. Taking your newborn to crowded places.