Healthy Breakfasts on the Run
It's easy to make sure kids eat breakfast. Just keep breakfast foods on hand and keep them in convenient spots for kids to grab! Make sure you have at least two easy-to-serve items from each food group in the house. With your children's help, choose foods that you and your kids like.
Keep these foods on hand for breakfast in minutes.
- Milk - white, chocolate and other flavors that kids like
- Cheese - slices, cubes or chunks
- Cottage Cheese
- String cheese
- Peanut butter
- Sliced meat - such as lean ham or turkey
- Eggs - hard-boiled
- Fresh fruit such as apples, bananas, oranges, grapes, melon or berries
- Dried fruits such a raisins, cranberries or apricots
- Canned fruits such as fruit cocktail
- Raw baby carrots
- Raw celery
- Tomatoes, green, and red peppers
- Bread - have a variety of whatever your kids like, like crackers
- Cold cereal
- Instant hot cereals
- English muffins
Nutritious Breakfasts Can Be Simple
For a nutritious breakfast, try to include at least three of the Five Food Groups. Click Here for 10 quick, nutritious breakfasts that take less than 3 minutes to fix.
(Courtesy of the National Dairy Council® )