Family of alleged Bulger victim to get day in court
BOSTON -- Another family of a man allegedly ordered killed by Whitey Bulger may be able to win damages against the FBI without going through a trial.
On February 19, U.S. District Court Judge Reginald Lindsay will consider a motion for summary judgment by the widow of Richard Castucci.
Bulger allegedly had the 48-year-old Castucci killed in 1976 because he told the FBI about the hiding place of two fellow gangsters. Bulger allegedly learned about Castucci from rogue FBI agent John Connolly.
Lindsay scheduled the Castucci hearing last week, right after he ruled the federal government liable for the 1982 murders of Edward Brian Halloran and Michael Donahue.
Halloran was allegedly murdered by Bulger after Connolly told him Halloran was going to implicate him in a murder. Donahue was an innocent bystander.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)