Illegal grill sends South Boston building up in flames
BOSTON (WHDH) -- The Boston Fire Department responded around 8p.m. Thursday night to a fire on a dead-end street in the South End.
Upon arrival smoke was showing from the roof. A fire had started in an illegal propane grill on the roof and extended inside and to an adjacent roof.
All nine apartments in the four story brick building had smoke, fire and water damage.
There were no injuries and the residents were safely evacuated. The Chief estimated damages at $500,000.
This was the second propane grill fire in two nights in Boston. Both displaced a lot of residents.