Waltham custodian saves choking student
WALTHAM, Mass. (WHDH) -- A custodian at a school in Waltham saved a student who was choking during lunch.
The janitor heard the second grader’s friends yell for help and rushed over to see what was going on.
He performed the Heimlich maneuver.
"I was quite relieved that someone had been on site to do such a great job and felt very that my child was well-cared for and was very grateful to the school," said Liz McCarthy, mother.
All janitors in the Waltham School District are required to learn the Heimlich for just that reason.