2 killed in Maine fire, wood stove possible cause
ORONO, Maine (AP) -- Officials say the bodies of two brothers have been found in a burned-out house following an early morning fire in Orono.
The Fire Marshal's Office says the victims are believed to be 49-year-old Cris Davis, of Milford, and 47-year-old Randy Davis. They were killed in a fire that was discovered shortly after 3 a.m. at Randy Davis' home on Hillside Road.
One body was found on the second floor, and the other was in the first-floor living room.
Officials say the fire was possibly caused by either the wood stove or chimney. The house didn't have working smoke detectors.
Investigators say the brothers and a friend had been out drinking Saturday night and took a taxi home, with the friend having the taxi continue to his apartment in Bangor.