BPD release new evidence in deadly Dorchester shooting
BOSTON (WHDH) -- Boston Police released new images of a deadly shooting that killed three women in Dorchester. It happened a year ago, and now police hope the new pictures shed light on new evidence from the public.
Boston police have made an appeal for the public's help on Saturday. Authorities released new photos of another white SUV, which was captured on surveillance video in the area the night of the crime. The car is a newer model, Saturn View or Chevrolet. Police said it’s the second car they are looking for in the case.
The shooting happened on August 12 of last year, when Boston Police said that four young women were gunned down sitting in a car along Harlem Street in Dorchester. Three of the women died. Police said the night of the shooting the women had gone to a barbeque in Franklin Park. Police are hoping to talk to people that went to that gathering that may have seen something. Police said this is not a sign that the investigation is at a dead end.
“It has decelerated in the last couple of months after the initial surge. As a result of that, and the anniversary, we thought this would be a good time to release some of our information to the public and asking for help,” said Sgt. Det. Richard Daley, Boston Police Department.
Authorities said they do believe that the murders were connected to a prior crime. However, the real motive behind this crime is uncertain.