Toddler given sangria, not juice at restaurant
LAKELAND, Fla. -- A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital.
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants says the incident happened on March 31 in Lakeland. It prompted the company to caution employees to be more careful with alcoholic drinks.
Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the incident. He was given fluids and released a couple hours later. He has suffered no lasting effects.
VanHeest has an attorney but isn't sure whether she'll sue. VanHeest's attorney contacted the news media in Florida this week after reports surfaced that a Michigan Applebee's accidentally served a margarita to another toddler.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)