Celebrating the Cup - Bruins victory parade details
BOSTON -- The route is set for the Bruins' victory parade.
The Stanley Cup champions will board duck boats for the parade that will begin at 11 a.m. at the TD Garden and take the following route.
- - Begin at TD Garden
- - Proceed down Causeway Street
- - Turn left on Staniford Street
- - Turn left on Cambridge Street
- - Turn right on Trement Street
- - Turn right on Boylston Street
- - End in Copley Square
Team President Cam Neely said the players can’t wait to party with the fans like the other Boston teams.
"It is our turn and it is sweet, so sweet," said Neely.
Boston’s Mayor Thomas Menino said some of the players had commitments on Friday, so Saturday was chosen.
“I just want to say to Cam - thank you for bringing this excitement to our city,” said Menino.
City officials said Thursday that traffic will be shut down on the parade route starting at 9 a.m. and parking restrictions will be in effect for the following locations:
- - Canal Street, from Causeway Street to New Chardon Street
- - Friend Street, from Causeway Street to New Chardon Street
- - Portland Street, from Merrimac Street to Causeway Street
- - Lancaster Street, from Causeway Street to Merrimac Street
- - Merrimac Street , from Causeway Street to Lancaster Street
- - Causeway Street, from North Washington Street to Merrimac Street
- - Staniford Street, from Causeway Street to Cambridge Street
- - Cambridge Street, from Hancock Street to Tremont Street
- - Tremont Street, from Cambridge Street to Boylston Street
- - Boylston Street, from Washington Street to Dalton Street
- - New Chardon Street, from Cambridge Street to Merrimac Street
- - Bowdoin Street, from Cambridge Street to Derne Street
- - Somerset Street, from Cambridge Street to Ashburton Place
- - New Sudbury Street, from Cambridge Street to Bulfinch Place
- - Court Street, from Cambridge Street to Court Square
- - Beacon Street, from Tremont Street to Somerset Street
- - Bromfield Street, from Province Street to Tremont Street
- - Park Street, from Tremont Street to Beacon Street
- - Temple Place, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- - West Street, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- - Essex Street, from Tremont Street to Washington Street
- - Charles Street South, from Park Plaza to Center gate of Public Garden
- - Hadassah Way, from Boylston Street to Park Plaza
- - Berkeley Street, from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
- - Clarendon Street, from Newbury Street to St. James Avenue
- - Dartmouth Street, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- - St. James Avenue, from Clarendon Street to Dartmouth Street
To protect the safety of residents and guests, the Boston Police Department may further restrict vehicle parking and limit vehicular and pedestrian access.
Officials are strongly urging parade-goers to use public transportation. The MBTA says it will offer bus and subway service comparable to a weekday rush hour throughout Saturday.
The T will also offer a special $10 round trip ticket on commuter rail.
Be sure to share your parade celebration photos with 7NEWS. Email your photos to email@example.com.
(Copyright (c) 2011 Sunbeam Television. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)