Won't Take Much
Posted by Pete Bouchard
There will be a front around through the Saturday, then we'll be steeped in sticky air on Sunday. Rather than get cute with the forecast terminology, I've decided to just give a blanket chance of storms right through Monday on the 7 day forecast.
Each afternoon (both early and late) we'll run the risk of a storm (40-50%).
Things to keep in mind in the coming days:
1) The atmosphere is loaded with water
2) As such, it won't take much more than a hiccup to start a storm
3) These storms will move slowly, so ponding/brief flooding is possible
4) Most importantly, they'll be hit and miss
5) AND they'll be PASSING through (think Florida downpour)...so I wouldn't cancel plans over them
Regarding the humidity...hmmm...I hope you're patient. The sticky air will be around for a while. I'm seeing a bit of drier air coming in by Tuesday, but I think alot of it will be flushed out as the winds turn back onshore Wednesday and the showers pop up again. True relief may have to wait until Thursday of next week!
Take it easy in the heat.